Twenty-three (23) students participated in this field trip activity under the supervision of GSA staff members, Ms. Shemika Periera(Forestry Lecturer) and Mr. Clebert Wade(Farm Supervisor).
Some of the activities that the students were engaged in during the course of the field trip were:
- Tree Identification
- Use of surveying equipment
- Map reading
- Block demarcation
- Strip line establishment
- Skid trail planning
- 100% pre-harvest inventory
- Tree marking and liana cutting
- Demonstration of directional felling
- Circle plot establishment and inventory
At the end of the field trip, the students were evaluated and successful candidates were presented with a certificate.